Scenes allow you to create an informational architecture for your blipp. Think of it as the ability to create a menu for your Blipp where users can browse through information by going to different scenes. With scenes you could add a simple mini game or quiz and send users to different scenes based on their actions.
Scenes: A transition element for your blipp. Giving you the ability to multiple ‘screens,’ allowing you to create a hierarchy or an interactive story. Think of it like a movie. Each scene is an extension of the previous one and contains a different cast of characters.
Canvas: A contained space in Blippbuilder that holds drawing and creation elements for your blipp. Located in the center of the screen. You will use this space similar to the way a painter creates their paintings, but instead of drawing you will drag and drop elements to create a picture.
Blippbuilder Scene Manager: A window that allows you to manage each scene in your blipp including adding, editing and deleting scenes.
Add Go to Scene Widget to the Canvas
- On the left hand side under widgets select the orange “Go to Scene” icon. This will allow you to link the current scene to a new or existing scene.
2. Drag the “Go to Scene” to the canvas.
3. Click the scene button that will read “Scene 1” it’s located in the bottom left corner of the canvas.
4. In the pop up window click "Add New Scene,” on the bottom left. It will auto populate “Scene 2.” You can rename your scene if you like. Select enter. Come back to this area to add more scenes to your blipp.
5. Click the X to close the menu.
6. To edit your scene use the menu on the right hand side. You can change the opacity, scale, position and rotation.
7. Don’t forget to add your custom assets or our pre-made widgets. To learn more see the article, “Uploading and Adding Assets.”
8. To switch between and work on your different scenes, use scene button in the bottom left of the canvas.
Assign Go to Scene to a Custom Asset
- Upload a custom asset to your library. You can learn how to do this here.
- From the uploads section, drag and drop a custom asset from your library to the canvas.
- On the right hand side under settings click “New Action” to reveal a drop down menu.
- Select “Go to Scene” from the drop down menu.
- A new field will appear under this section “Select a Scene.” Click to select which scene you’d like it to go to.
- If needed, connect your new scene.
In the comments below share with us your experience creating scenes.