Have you prepared all your assets? Great! You're ready to begin building blipps. Here's a quick overview to getting started:
Creating a new blipp
1. From your account homepage, click on ‘Create Project.’
2. Enter a project name (e.g. the title and month of your magazine).
3. Select which tool you'd like to use. Note: the most popular is our drag and drop tool Blippbuilder, which is the middle selection.
4. Click 'Create a new blipp.'
5. Name your blipp (e.g. the article or page number within your magazine).
6. Click on the box and upload a marker.
- A marker is the image that will trigger your blipp.
- Markers must be JPEG or PNG format.
- For more information see "Choosing a Marker."
7. Click 'Create blipp.'
Uploading your assets
Once you’ve uploaded your marker you’ll be taken to the main Blippbuilder homepage. You’ll see your marker in the center of the screen. To start building your blipp begin uploading your assets (i.e. the images, videos, audio or 3D files that form the content of your blipp).
1. Click the ‘Uploads’ button.
- If needed use our file converter for your .fbx files before uploading.
2. Select the image and video files you want to upload from your computer and click 'Open.'
3. Uploaded graphics will appear in the assets panel (this may take a few minutes if you’re uploading multiple images).
4. Drag and drop uploaded graphics onto the marker, displayed in the center of the screen. We will now refer to this area as ‘the stage.’
Sizing, positioning & ordering of your graphics
Once you’ve put all your assets on the stage you can re-size, move and rotate them using your mouse. Or, for more precise control, use the ‘Transform’ controls in the right-hand panel.
1. Select the object.
2. Open the ‘Layout’ tab.
3. Use the position, scale and rotation controls to adjust.
- Scale: Re-size width and height (click on the padlock icon to maintain the aspect ratio).
o Use the X and Y controls to move the object into the required position on the stage.
o Use the Z control to adjust the depth (i.e. height off the marker).
- Rotation: Rotate on its X, Y and Z axes.
Assets flickering/flashing? Ensure Assets are on different Axis. Usually assets overlapping on the same 'Z-Axis' will cause this undesired effect.
Testing your blipp
Once you’ve finished building your blipp you’re ready to test it on your mobile device.
1. Click the ‘preview’ button in the top-right corner of the screen.
2. A pop-up will appear displaying the uploading status of your blipp.
3. Once the upload is complete, follow the on-screen instructions to test your blipp. Make sure you enter the code from the pop-up in the Blippar app on your phone when testing your blipp.