3D Models can an enable a more immersive AR experience. We know you want your blipps to be dynamic. 3D assets can help give your blipps more texture and not to mention that “wow” factor. We have updated our converter to enable greater control and usability when working with 3D models in BlippBuilder.
- All assets should be converted to BB3, Blippar’s proprietary format.
- To create an BB3 you can use our FBX to BB3 converter (found here) to convert the FBX file that you created or bought
- The converter currently accepts FBX files with:
- However, each geometry can only contain 32,767 Polygons, 32,767 UVs, and 32,767 Vertices.
- More than a single geometry.
- Node hierarchy with transform information
- Embedded textures
- Texture maps
- We do not support FBX files with:
- Bump or specular maps
Other 3D Formats
You can convert the following file formats to FBX using the Autodesk FBX Converter or Blender.
Autodesk FBX Converter:
Using the FBX converter is convenient because it avoids the memory overhead associated with running Maya, 3ds Max, or other DCC applications, which would otherwise be necessary to convert a file to the FBX file format.
You can download the FBX Converter from the following webpage: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10775855
Blender 3D Suite:
Using Blender will allow you to import the model and export in FBX to be ready to use in BlippBuilder.
You can download Blender from the following webpage: https://www.blender.org/